Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A little taste of Europe


So in three short weeks, I'll be heading to Belgium for two glorious weeks.
I'm beyond excited that I can do something fun like this, right before a extremely stressful semester of school starts. Although Deric and I plan on going next May, I thought it would be nice to head there this summer to see Bram play at a giant gig in early September. It's something we've both talked about me attending for years, so it'll be great.

When I first started to seriously think about going, I knew it would be great to go alone because obviously I know Bram and Rudolf well, and I speak to a few other of Bram's friends, but I just thought it would be nice to invite a friend along. Of course Jane pops into my head as we had become so close (well, even more so over the last month or so). I'm so glad she accepted, and that I'll have a friend there with me.

It's really a huge deal for me to invite someone actually. I've hidden my relationship with Bram away from a lot of my friends, because I didn't want anything to come between it. I liked that I could talk to Bram, and know that my other friends wouldn't get involved in posts or convos I had him with.

So anyway, lots of fun stuff planned. A festival or two, dinner with Bram's dad and I'm sure dinner with his friends as well. Lots of awesome tourist things to visit, and hopefully a day or two down in paris. It's not too far from Bram's house so hopefully we have time for it. I know it's something that Jane really wants to see if possible. And King Tut!! The King Tut stuff will be in Brussels while we're there, and I've been DYING to see it. Hopefully we get a chance for that too!

I guess that's about really. We're not planning out too much, and will just see where it goes when we get there. I depart here on the 27th at 3pm, and then fly to Chicago and depart there at 6pm for my nice 8.5 hour to Belgium. I arrive the next day at 2:30am my time, but really it'll be 9:30 already. Hopefully I'm not too tired. I usually recover quickly from time changes, but we'll see! It may not hit me for a day or two. The next morning bright and early (8:30am!) we have to head to Brussels to get Jane from the airport. I have no idea what we'll do then, but I'm sure we'll have a fun day.

Three more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment