Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I hate packing :(

Although we have a week and a half (EEEK!) until we leave, I always find myself making lists well a head of time to plan for trips. I hate forgetting things. Usually many weeks out, I make a list of everything that I'm going to need. Every.single.thing. Then two weeks out, I start tossing more and more things in a pile in the dining room. Stuff that I don't wear or use all the time, but that I want to bring with me.

So I've been doing that for about a week now, and it was starting to take over my dining room, so I decided to just put the main things in the bag (and of course, I'll re-pack next week when I have everything ready to go). I can already see it's going to be a struggle to pack. I'm bringing OrT Mountain Dew, since they don't have it in Belgium (or anywhere in Europe for that matter) and I guess he loves it. I have to bring his friend shoes he ordered that I've had forever, and a few gifts.

So all of that alone takes up so much room. Originally, I was going to bring my big main suitcase, a small, rolling carry on and then see if I can get away with my lulu bag being my "personal item". I'm not sure if it's going to work just yet. I think they might say that the lulu bag is too big. I'm hoping that if I don't pack it too full, I might be able to bring it. We'll see I guess once I get everything in my suitcase. I would really love it if I didn't need my other rolling case. It's going to be such a pain in the ass to carry it all by myself.

I've been trying to curl my hair lately. At night, I've been putting them in rollers and blow drying them. It's been turning out great, but it's such a pain in the ass. I wish I could do what Jane does, and wake up like that. Oh well. Hopefully I can train my hair a bit better so that it's easier.

So that's about it really. School is starting soon - I'm so nervous for the next semester. I want to stay on the Dean's list! Oh and my application is pending for my greencard right now. I'm hoping to hear something very soon. I went and did my fingerprints two weeks ago now I think? I would love to hear something before I left.

Both Jane and I are beyond excited for our trip! I feel like this summer flew by. I don't even remember what happened in July at all. I can't believe 2011 is moving into the last few months.

My dad was right - once you hit your late 20's, everything moves super quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment