Sunday, August 7, 2011

It would change your life

I had a dream last night that I won the lottery. Of course, I've had this dream many times before but never in this detail. It went from before I won, to months after. It was kinda cool to see what my subconscious would come up with for what I would do if I DID win.

So it got me thinking this morning over breakfast - what WOULD I do if I won?

1) Go into hiding

No really, I would pack up things that I needed to keep (photos + other items) and ship them to my parents house. I would then, go to a hotel in an unnamed city until my father could set up a corporation to claim the money. I would try and avoid my name getting out there as someone who has won. Obviously, the changes in my lifestyle would key people who are in my life into what was going on, but random strangers - hopefully not.

2) Discussion

Deric and I would spend a lot of time discussing what type of life we'd want to live. Do we want to open our own business? It wouldn't be something we could come to easily, and most likey would sit on it for a year. But the small things we could think about. Where would our home base now be? Would we buy a house? Build one. So many choices and options.

3) V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

Italy? Spain? Somewhere hot like that! I'd rent a boat. A beach house. Fly first class. I would bring important people with me so that they could share the amazing experiences that money could buy. I would hire a chef to cook for us. Drive around nice cars. Be driven around. Visit some of the most beautiful places in the world. I'd hire a photographer to follow us around so that I could remember every single moment of it. I'd buy myself gear too. So many places that I would want to visit that it would be hard to decide where to go first. No matter what though, I would do it with D, and some close friends :)

4) Giving Back

So many amazing organizations that I'd love to give money to - and I would! I'd give back to my family. Finally allow my father to retire and live his dream - retire at a nice cottage in northern Ontario with my mother and dog. I'd leave my brothers money, but make sure they finish college first before they could touch it. I'd give money to some people who I know deserve it. Friends who have been there for me. Friends who I'd love to see live their dreams.

5) Remaining the same

Obviously winning something like the lottery is a life changer. No matter what, everyone would change slightly but you don't need to change the person you are. I wouldn't be "too good" to visit and talk with all friends. To attend important events in their lives. Or not call them when they needed to talk. I think it's a lot harder, but you shouldn't let something like money affect the person you are. Money can't hug you back. (unless of course, you buy one.)

It would be a great experience to win the lottery, but the chance of it happening is zero. Although D and I play it sometimes, I don't even believe that I would win. I guess neither do people who actually do win, so who knows what could happen.

One thing is for sure - I have better chance then those who don't! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment